Registered domain names must comply with the provisions of Circular No. 24/2015/TT-BTTTT dated August 18, 2015 of the Ministry of Information and Communications guiding the management and use of Internet resources and Circular No. 21 /2021/TT-BTTTT dated December 8, 2021 amending and supplementing a number of articles of Circular No. 24/2015/TT-BTTTT:
- Domain name registration “.vn” is carried out on the principle of equality, non-discrimination, first registration has the right to use first, except for domain names that are prioritized for protection as prescribed in Clause 1, Article 8 of the Circular and the domain names reserved for auction according to the regulations of the Ministry of Information and Communications.
- Domain names are freely selected by organizations or individuals for registration, but must meet the following requirements:
b) Clear, neat, not misleading or distorting due to polyphony, multi-meaning or when accents are not used in Vietnamese;
c) Unrelated organizations and individuals that do not register to use domain names that are names of Party organizations, state agencies, socio-political organizations (Vietnam Fatherland Front; Vietnam Trade Union) ; Vietnam Farmers' Union; Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union; Vietnam Women's Union; Vietnam Veterans Association...);
d) Unrelated organizations and individuals do not register to use domain names related to national security, defense and diplomatic activities;
e) For the domain name “.vn” registered: There is at least one or a sequence of characters under the top-level domain name “.vn”. Can contain characters from a to z; 0 to 9; Vietnamese characters and characters are accepted by the domain name server system regardless of uppercase or lowercase. May contain a hyphen, but must not begin or end with this character, and must not have two consecutive hyphens in the domain name. At each level, not more than 63 characters (for Vietnamese domain names, the number of characters is calculated according to the length after converting to an ASCII unsigned string);
f) Not violating the provisions of Clause 1, Article 23b of Decree No. 72/2013/ND-CP dated July 15, 2013 of the Government on management, provision and use of Internet services and online information as amended. , supplemented by Decree No. 27/2018/ND-CP dated March 1, 2018 of the Government amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 72/2013/ND-CP on management, provision and use use of Internet services and information on the network;
g) It is not a domain name with confusing phrases such as a general website or a social network if the registrant is not a licensee of the establishment of a general website. License to establish a social network in accordance with the law
In addition, agencies and organizations related to protected domain names specified in Clause 1, Article 8 of Circular No. 24/2015/TT-BTTTT are responsible for registration and reservation of domain name protection with the Ministry of Information and Communications. Information and Communication (VNNIC). Agencies, organizations and individuals that are not related to the protected domain name may not register the protected domain name.h) An entity with an address in Vietnam may only submit an application for domain name registration at the domestic registration of domain name “.vn”. Subjects with foreign addresses may register to submit domain name registration dossiers at the domestic registration of “.vn” domain name and registration of foreign “.vn” domain name.
i) The registered domain name must comply with the regulations on the structure of domain names divided into each field of activity, specifically:
Level 2 of “.vn” Domain name for private use, not classified by field;
Level 2 of “.vn” Domain name with categories, including:
COM.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in business and commercial activities;
BIZ.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in business and commercial activities (equivalent to domain name COM.VN);
EDU.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in activities in the field of education and training;
GOV.VN: For central and local state agencies;
NET.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in the establishment and provision of online services;
ORG.VN: For organizations operating in the fields of politics, culture and society;
INT.VN: For international organizations;
AC.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in research activities;
PRO.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in activities in highly specialized fields;
INFO.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in activities in the field of production, distribution, and information provision;
HEALTH.VN: For organizations and individuals involved in activities in the field of pharmacy and health;
NAME.VN: For organizations and individuals to register under names such as full names, abbreviations, trade names, aliases... of organizations and individuals;
ID.VN: For individuals who are Vietnamese citizens to register to use personal images, products, and brands on the network;
IO.VN: For organizations and individuals that register to use technology applications, platforms and services in the network environment;
AI.VN: For organizations and individuals registered to use for activities and services related to the field of artificial intelligence.
2.1 Declare domain information
- The subject must submit the "Domain Name Registration Declaration" in accordance with VNNIC's regulations to the Registrar. In the declaration, the subject must provide complete and accurate domain name information as prescribed.
- Supplement registration documents within 07 days (via online / in person at NDK / delivery). In case of exceeding the prescribed time limit and not receiving a new registration dossier of the subject's domain name, the Registrar shall temporarily lock the domain name without refunding the fee.
- .VN domain registration regulation
- Under .GOV.VN domain registration regulation
- Reserved domain registration regulation
- Domain protection registration regulation
- Domain reservation registration process
- When changing the name of an agency, organization or individual or contact information such as contact address, telephone, fax, email box, people's identity card, the agency or organization , individuals must immediately notify the Registrar in order to update the system to ensure accurate information. The Registrar cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the domain name holder's failure to comply with this provision.
- Process of changing domain subject
- Process of changing domain information
- The domain name registrant must take full responsibility before the law for the purpose of use and the accuracy of the information provided, ensure the registration and use of the domain name in accordance with regulations, without infringing upon the rights of the domain name registrant. lawful interests of other organizations and individuals.
- The registrant using the domain name shall be responsible for any violation of the use of its domain name caused by lax management.
- Newly registered domain names must be paid in full the registration fee (collected only once) and domain name maintenance fee (collected annually, at least 01 year, recommended for many years) right after submitting the application. . Until the payment of fees and charges has been completed, the domain name will not be registered.
- The domain name registrant must actively monitor information on the operation status and validity period of the registered domain names, and must actively coordinate in completing the procedures for signing the contract for domain name renewal and paying fees. maintained before 10 days from the date the domain name expires. Domain name maintenance fees can be paid once for many years or annually.
- When paying the maintenance fee, the domain name registrant must provide full information about:
- Name of the domain name registrant;
- Pay fees for which domain names;
- Number of years to maintain for each domain name.
and comply with the payment instructions of the Registrar of Vietnam P.A. mentioned in Payment Term.
- P.A Vietnam cannot and will not be liable and indemnify for any loss or damage arising from the domain name holder's failure to comply with this payment provision.
- All disputes related to .VN domain names, we will handle according to the provisions of Vietnam Internet Center (VNNIC) Here
5. Legal documents to refer to: Here